Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Orange Butter Cake


Everytime during the 1st and 15th day of Lunar month, we will have quite a few of oranges at home after praying. (usually will have about 20 oranges)

I checked with daddy, Elva and Evan what would they like using the fresh oranges.
Daddy said: " I would like to have fresh squeeze orange juice"
Elva said:" Mummy, can I have orange agar-agar"
Evan said:" Mummy, Orange butter cake please"

Well, eveyone have their own preference.
 
At the end, I decided to have fresh squeeze orange juice for daddy and orange butter cake for breakfast.

Its actually quite easy to prepare. Only the baking time is long. I took about 55min to bake the cake.

The Ingredients 
250g unsalted butter (I used salted butter as i only left this. )
250g self raising flour
200g custor sugar
4 Medium eggs
120ml fresh squeeze orange juice
Orange zest

1. Preheat Oven to 180'C. Grease the cake pan and line with baking paper.
 
2. Use a electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in 1 egg at a time, finish adding all the 4 eggs.
4. Add in Orange Zest.
5. Add in all flour and combine well. .
6. Add in the orange juice.
7. put the batter into the cake pan.
8. Bake in the oven for 55-60min. Or until the skewer come out clean.
9. When it is ready, take it out and cold it. Do not remove from cake pan when it is hot. Only remove from cake pan when it is totally cold.